The Patriots were able to surprise the Cardinals on Sunday night, earning a narrow victory without Gronk and offensive tackle Nate Solder in the lineup. New England got the victory with Jimmy Garoppolo running the offense as Tom Brady served the first of his four-game suspension.
Getting Gronk back would be a huge boost for the offense as they face the division-rival Miami Dolphins at home on Sunday. A return to practice is the first step towards that.
More injury news out of Foxborough as Patriots linebacker Dont’a Hightower (leg) did not practice, the team announced. Hightower appeared to injure his leg during Sunday’s game with the Cardinals. Joining Gronk as limited
Lamar Miller Football Jersey participants were Solder, Jonathan Cooper, Malcolm Butler, Marcus Cannon and Shaq Mason.
Here’s some other injury news we are tracking:
1. Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson was a full participant in practice Wednesday. Coach Pete Carroll added assuringly, “Everything is going according to plan.”
2. Sammy Watkins (foot) is listed as questionable for the Bills against the Jets on Thursday. Left tackle Cordy Glenn (ankle) and Colt Anderson (foot) are both ruled out.
3. The Dolphins were without Jay Ajayi in their season opener, but could the team lose another tailback for this weekend? Starting running back Arian Foster missed practice Wednesday with a hamstring issue. However, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports that the injury is “minor” and is more
Men’s Lamar Miller Houston Texans Nike Elite Away Liberty White Football Jersey due to “veteran soreness.” DeVante Parker, who also missed last weekend’s loss to the Seahawks, was limited in his return to practice as he deals with a hamstring injury.
4. Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier isn’t practicing Wednesday but there’s a chance he will still play Sunday after sustaining a knee injury Monday night, NFL Network’s Aditi Kinkhabwala reports. Shazier had a major impact in Pittsburgh’s win over the Redskins.
5. The Rams held star running back Todd Gurley out of practice Wednesday to give him “rest” on a short week ahead of their home opener against the Seahawks. Wide receiver Pharoh Cooper (shoulder), Nelson Spruce (knee) and defensive tackle Michael Brockers (thigh) also did not practice.
6. Falcons wideouts Julio Jones and Mohamed Sanu are both limited with
Men’s Lamar Miller Houston Texans Nike Game Navy Blue Team Color Football Jersey ankle injuries. Defensive end Brooks Reed (shoulder) won’t practice, according to coach Dan Quinn.
7. Packers cornerback Sam Shields remains in the concussion protocol, Mike McCarthy said.
8. The Colts have no new updates on safety T.J. Green or cornerback Patrick Robinson. Green suffered a mild MCL sprain and is currently week to week.
Lamar Miller Jersey Robinson left Sunday’s loss against the Lions with a concussion. Both did not practice on Wednesday, sitting out with fellow defensive back Vontae Davis (ankle), while Antonio Cromartie (hamstring) and Darius Butler (ankle) were limited.
Elsewhere, veteran linebackers Robert Mathis (foot) and Trent Cole (back) did not practice.
9. Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles, who’s still coming back from last season’s ACL injury, worked with the scout team on Wednesday. Coach Andy Reid told reporters, “Every day he gets a little bit better.”
Charles’ replacement, Spencer Ware, is dealing with a sprained toe and will not practice Wednesday. He’s expected to play Sunday.
10. Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart was limited in practice with an ankle injury.
11. Ravens receiver Breshad Perriman (calf), linebacker C.J. Mosley (thigh), running back Kenneth Dixon (knee) and outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil (foot) did not practice. Mosley told reporters he’s fine and will return to
Women’s Lamar Miller Houston Texans Nike Elite Away Liberty White Football Jersey practice Thursday. Coach John Harbaugh declined to comment on Perriman’s injury.
12. The Jets officially listed linebacker David Harris (shoulder) and defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson (ankle, toe) as questionable for Thursday night’s game against the Bills.
13. Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas (hip) is practicing on Wednesday. Gary Kubiak said the wideout is sore but he should be good to go Sunday.
14. Jaguars running back Chris Ivory (illness) and defensive back Prince Amukamara (hamstring) were the only players sitting out Jacksonville practice on Wednesday.
15. The Cardinals have a bunch of players not working during practice. Wide
Lamar Miller Texans Jersey receiver J.J. Nelson (shoulder), guard Evan Mathis (foot) and defensive tackle Frostee Rucker (MCL) were among the list.
16. Joey Bosa is missing from Chargers practice as he tries to work back from a hamstring injury that kept him out Week 1.
17. The Vikings have a couple of starters sitting out practice Wednesday. Cornerback Xavier Rhodes (knee), offensive tackle Matt Kalil and defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd all didn’t participate.